Monday, September 28, 2009

Mooncakes for breakfast

It is the Mid-Autumn festival, celebrated by Chinese in Singapore at the moment, that has brought mooncakes in every size and flavour into the shops. Must try them (try anything once, right?) I thought and bought three mini-mooncakes:

One is a "regular" lotus mooncake, the green one is a green tea flavour and the yellow - well, you should have guessed by now.. - is a durian flavoured one. Not because I like it, but because it seems to be a controversial fruit, and even though the smell of it almost makes me want to throw up, I'm trying hard to decide whether I like the flavour of it or not. I have not yet (still) tasted the actual fruit itself, but besides the mooncake, I can also add durian icecream into my list of durian flavoured foods I have tasted..

What are mooncakes then? Well, the crust is like marzipan, and the filing is a paste with almond flakes. It is very sweet and that much different that I could share these, even if they are mini..

No comments:

Post a Comment