Friday, October 30, 2009

Busy as a bee

I'm busy again. It took 1,5 months. I'm not sure if it is more or less than I expected, but I'm sure that some had their guesses ;) I no longer find it fun to go to the pool in the middle of the day, or to spend half a day reading a good novel. I want action, I want a full schedule, commitments, things to do, bzzz :D!

And that's what I have got..

Besides doing a bit of work to my 'real' employer Laurea, I have started at a new job. It's once a week, practical, hands-on work with one great reward: feeling good about doing good. I volunteer at Animal Lover's League's dog shelter. (Will blog more about this later, promise.) And greedy as I am in this way, I have also been in contact with ACRES, an animal welfare organisation similar to Animalia in Finland (+wildlife rescue), about volunteering with them. I got such nice e-mails from them I can't resist helping out!

And naturally, then there are the practical things to do, housework, sports, weekly visits to the wet market and the dog run.. and I have not forgotten about getting to know Singapore either. Today I plan to visit the Clean and Green Singapore 2010 Carnival at Hortpark, and for next week a plan has been set to visit some of the few farms Singapore has (yep, not all land on this island is built). But before that, I will attend a 'self-developing' activity and join our downstairs neighbour to a informal writing group that gets together on Saturdays to do writing exercises. So, keeping busy.. (gotta start using a calendar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment