Saturday, March 20, 2010

Photography etc.

On Saturday I attended a mini-course on how to make your photos more interesting, held by a 'half-professional' 'Singaporean-Finn' Ulla Gratton. We sat around her kitchen table and analysed photos, which was an interesting way to learn. Before that, on Thursday night, I went to a publishing-party of a photography book called 'An Expat Journey in Singapore', which Ulla had photographed for. It's a great book. Amazing photos, really good narratives, and just portrays the life in Singapore very well. Love it!

..and got loads of inspiration. So I've been trying to make more time for upleading my photos on to http://raisas.pic.fi/kuvat/ for everyone to see, rate and comment on. It would be great to do a photo book on just the dogs at Pets Villa.. or a calendar. Just need to learn more to take even better pictures. A good help is also my dear brother who gives me advice on skype :) I wish he could visit too, as on Sunday my mom comes over, and when she returns to winter wonderland, my dad, stepmom and two smaller brothers come to visit. I shall be putting on the hat of a tour guide on now!


I took this photo on the way back from the mini photography course, trying to remember all advice when stumbling on an interesting sight. A picture of Grace* from a ripped flyer that were distributed in an effort to find her is at the bottom of a puddle. It has been raining so hard in the last few days, that the yellow flowers of Angsana trees are all over the pavement. Although seeing a pic of Grace in the puddle, forgotten, made me think about all the heartbraking stories of abused and abandoned dogs here, the setting with fresh rain water and angsana flowers looked beautiful to me. What do you think?

*Grace is an ex-stray dog who was rehomed from ALL but escaped her new home when left alone in the first few days and lived on the streets for almost 50 days before finally being found a week ago. She is now safe and sound back at ALL's Pets Villa.

No comments:

Post a Comment