Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blogging as it should be

It's been a few weeks again. For those who do bother to actually read what I write, know me well enough not to be suprised when I say I've been busy. Busy living and experiencing instead of documenting? Perhaps, although writing and taking photos is an important part of living to me and it's been eating me up that I have not found the right moment to sit down with my thoughts. (Perhaps I should find out how to blog with my mobile phone..)

Now, both inspired by the Saturday Morning Writer's group (which I was able to join last Sat for the longest time) and the excercises we did, and to substitute to the suspension of the group's meetings for the holiday season, I'm going to write everyday this week. No other limitations, just that I will post something everyday. Blogging as it should be..?

This 'as it should be' has stuck in my mind from one of the newest shopping malls in Singapore, 313@Somerset, where shopping is as it should be. Their grand opening catalogue was delivered to our mailbox, and the 'as it should be' kept repeating it self on the catalogue pages. There was no mention of the environmentally friendly features of the mall, which I learned about in the Straits Times. The mall, together with two other malls, has got an award for it's energy and water conservation efforts. Although much more radical efforts are needed to really slow down climate change, it is still good news - and truly as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment