Monday, November 9, 2009

Hot hot sun - who's the tourist?

I know it's boring to talk about the weather again, but as my body hurts in several areas nearly constantly, I must post about it. It is kind of amazing that in the middle of the constant showers of rain there is a day of such hot, burning sun. That was last Sunday. We went to Sentosa with our friends who are visiting from Finland. We talked about how hot the sun is, and used sunscreen (a bit old it was, and with just factor 15), but I did not really put any thought into it, applying the sunscreen too late, forgetting my face completely, and for some unexplainable reason thinking that my legs did not need it. - I think you get the picture without me going into details..

Unfortunately this was not the first time I burned badly, and might not be the last either. Live and learn.. The funny part of this was that only the ones living in Singapore (who should know better?) got burned. The 'tourists' were more sensible with their factor 30 fresh sunscreen and sitting in the shade. So, as we were all in the lift later, looking at each other and our selves in the mirror, the question was 'Who exactly are the tourists here?'. :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment