Friday, March 25, 2011

Comeback

Right. Let's make yet another come back and get this blogging going :)

It's been a bit hectic at work. And it's been hectic otherwise too. So when I haven't worked late, I have had stuff to do with my volunteering activities. Unfortunately not much attention has been paid to health (I know, I know..). I've been too lazy to make green smoothies in the mornings, almost drinking two cups of coffee per day.. and not doing sports. Rekku of course gets his walks, and I do go to yoga every now and then.. but I have not been running.

I really should be training, because I signed up on a corporate run with a work team in a few weeks. I tried some weeks back, went for a run with Rekku by the river, along the part that has been under construction for a 1,5 years has finally opened and it's really nice, with nice wooden rails.. that have big nobs on top of the poles. With sharp edges. ..yep, I'm sure you can imagine what happened, as my name really should be Miss Clumsy. While running and looking behind me at Rekku, I ran into one of them. I ran into the rail. Nice, big bruise covered my whole bicep for two weeks. I took it as a sign and haven't run since.

Well, also, I've been busy with other stuff. Tomorrow is the first agility competition of the year. I'm the only 'agility person' on SKC's Obedience and Agility Committee (or have been, it now looks like we are getting a new person in.. yay!) and you know me, always trying to develop the way things are done.. and so I ended up with a few things to do in my free time. But now there's nothing more to do, trials are tomorrow! Our last trials, indoors in November, went so terribly I haven't really thought about doing well tomorrow. I actually actively try not to think about it at all, as I know I always get soooo nervous I screw it all up.

So, on another note, I have been very happily spending time away from blogging with the homeless dogs of Singapore. Or to be exact, I have been spending time with those who have just found homes :)! I've done several home visits lately, and let me tell you, it is the best part about volunteering at ALL. (Although time spent making dogs at the shelter happy is very rewarding too..) It is fantastic to see the once homeless with a family and to be able to help them if they have any concerns or questions. And to see the progress, when a timid puppy grows more brave and attached to the family.. Ah, puts a smile on my face :)


Kuvassa minä ja Drow, pentu joka pelastettiin vesikanaalista siskonsa kanssa. Sisko Ning on jo adoptoitu, ja vietettyäni päivän Drown kanssa adoptio tilaisuudessa, se kyllä melkeen lähti meille mukaan..

No comments:

Post a Comment